What are my favorite Acehnese foods?


Image result for aceh


Aceh, known as the Kota Serambi Mekah, is indeed famous for its rich and unique culture. This is also reflected in the unique culinary richness of Aceh which is popular in Indonesia. Typical cuisine of the Kota Serambi Aceh is known to have a very strong spice flavor. No wonder that many people are addicted to Aceh's food, including me.

A few months ago, I had the opportunity to visit Aceh Darussalam for 9 days. And that was the time when I tried some of the typical foods of Aceh. It was really suited to my taste. So, here are some typical Acehnese foods that really impressed me.

1. Mie Aceh

Mie Aceh Razali Langganan Pejabat, Jokowi pun Pernah Mencicipi

Mie Aceh is one of Aceh's most iconic culinary specialties. This noodle is easily found in big cities in Indonesia. Aceh noodles are usually served in two variants, which are fried or soup. But my favorite is the Aceh's Noodle Soup. In addition to strong spices, Acehnese noodles usually have special characteristics with fancy toppings, ranging from squid, shrimp, beef, to crabs.

The Acehnese noodles that I ate at that time were the most famous one in Banda Aceh. The place is Mie Aceh Razali. This restaurant is located at Tengku Panglima Polem Street, Number 83-85, Peunayong, Banda Aceh City. Mie Aceh Razali is the favorite Mie Aceh restaurant by some of officials such as the minister. Even President of Indonesia, Joko Widodo, has already tried Mie Razali. Indeed, it taste delicious!!



Image result for mie aceh razali banda aceh


Price: IDR 25,000-40,000 / portion

2. Sate matang

Image result for sate matang aceh

Aceh also has a unique satay, it is Matang satay. This satay comes from the Matang area, Bireuen Regency. Matang satay usually uses mutton or beef. Mutton will usually be covered with Aceh's special spices, before being burned. Matang satay is served with warm rice and savory soup. I ate this satay at Peunayong area. But unfortunately, I forgot the name of the restaurant. The Matang satay is really delicious and makes me want to taste that delicious satay again!

Price: IDR 30,000 / portion

3. Bakpia Aceh

Image result for bakpia aceh

Maybe some of us have only heard and known that Bakpia originated from Yogyakarta. However, even in Aceh you can easily find and enjoy this one of the best foods in Aceh.

Bakpia is one of the best culinary which is suitable for you to bring back to your hometown. For those of you who are interested, you can buy Acehnese Bakpia from Aceh souvenir shops. I bought it at a souvenir shop around the Peunayong area. I used to choose the chocolate and cheese variant. The sweet taste of the cake is also good. Overall, perfect!

Price: IDR 10,000 / box


4. Nasi Gurih

Image result for nasi gurih aceh

If you have ever eaten Nasi Uduk, then Nasi Gurih may feel familiar to you. It is because this typical food of Aceh has a recipe similar to Nasi Uduk. Nasi Gurih is often served with side dishes such as omelette, fried fish, vegetable, and potato chips. This makes it even more delicious!

Well, since I ate it in the morning as breakfast while in the Syiah Kuala University dormitory, I don’t know the price of this food.


Those are some of my favorite Acehnese foods. They look delicious, right? I hope you can also taste it! See you!




Big Hug,
Ica❣️

Comments

  1. Thank you for your information. Its can help me if i am go to aceh. Thanks 😇

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do I Have Dry Skin or Dehydrated Skin?

Dear, Mr. Minister of Education.